Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Because this is what normal looks like here...

Slept terribly Monday-into-Tuesday night, then taught all day Tuesday and was nearly asleep at the dinner table.  And yet, when it came time for bed, I couldn't fall asleep until 3:30 AM (did some laundry at 2 AM out of boredom).

I woke up when August came in with a morning nightmare at 6:15 and proceeded to play "Auggie the human back-pack".  Then had Jorge come in three times in the 7 o'clock hour to relay questions from Rob in the kitchen who was dealing with a noisy fridge and was confused by the laundry I had hung-dry in the bathroom at 2:30 AM.  Cried a bit about how stinking tired I was and how I had a meeting at 11 and just needed to sleeeeeep.

Came downstairs for real at 10:10 and checked my phone to see that meeting was at 10, not 11. Dialed into a video-conference-call in my pajamas and headband with coffee in hand while shoo-ing children away.

Showered, dressed, and went to work.  Long day.  At 5, Maryna sent me a message on Facebook to ask when I would be home and offered this glorious glimpse of life as Rob left for work.  Auggie has...well...some separation anxiety issues right now.  This was captioned "Need u home!!!"


I wrote her back that I would call and talk to him and started looking for my phone. Hm. Hmmmm... So I used my office phone to call my cell phone.  Immediately the Facebook conversation showed that Maryna was writing to me.

"My phone's on the dining room table, isn't it."
"Yep, and you just missed a call from someone..?"

Yep, that was my day.

Home exhausted beyond functioning and told myself I'd go to bed guilt free at 8:30.  Laid there for 2 hours and gave up; back downstairs working (well, blogging, but sometimes that's just better).  Rob is on his way home from work with ice cream, so things are looking up.

1 comment:

  1. Better nights ahead, I hope. Ice cream helps!

    Jennifer M.

    ReplyDelete