Friday, August 14, 2015

Oh my Gosh!

One teen is a million billion googaplex* 99-red-balloons** times easier than one teen PLUS three elementary schoolers.   Four nights in a row of uninterrupted sleep, each of them 8-10 hours long, and waking up simply because my body was ready and not because a child needs me immediately for something completely unnecesssary...AH.

For the first time in 11 years I feel truly awake.

I mean... I have not had a headache yet today.

Yes, we're still going to bed around 1AM because we have one teen and netflix exists, but now we get to sleep until 9 or 10 because we do not have three elementary kids awake at 6:45 and arguing about who should go get the scissors and that's my pencil.

And then, after a quiet coffee and eating anything I want without having to share, I just work at home because there will not be three kids climbing the walls and arguing and one or two needing dad's attention which means the other needs mom's and even though they've been warned of instant death if they disturb me in the office they come whining... blood pressure rising just thinking of this...  or if I dare walk back into their line of sight to refill my water or grab a different pen and get ambushed with the demands...  headache....  Nope!

Have fun with Grandma and Grandpa, Wild Things.  I'll be here taking a nap in the middle of the living room like I own the place.  Because I do.

* and **: these are the two biggest numbers in Auggie's universe.

1 comment:

  1. Sleep well. And sleep often. This is a blissful gift.

    ReplyDelete