Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Notes from an angry food allergy person

The most exhausting thing about traveling for me is food.  I hate food.  Today's entire list of available foods for me: a scrambled egg, bacon, and very questionable potatoes around 10:30 this morning from a diner I found.  It's now 7pm.  I have found nothing else safe to eat today except to drink a ton of water.

Yesterdays finds: Ben & Jerry's for breakfast, a steak with baked potato at lunch (whoohoo!), and then some popcorn and candy from the gift shop for dinner.

Literally want to just cry I'm so frustrated with food.

Sunday?  The sandwich I packed for the plane, a bag of chips and a cruddy salad from a Subway (why do they practically puree them now?  yuck).

I'm hungry.

Surrounding my hotel are a huge collection of Thai, Chinese, Indian, and other restaurants.  Nothing that's likely to be reasonably safe.  I don't want to walk around a strange city by myself looking for something that might have food I can eat.  I really don't want to sit and deal with the menu process alone, but don't want to subject anyone else to it, either.

Looks like another pint of Ben & Jerrys from the gift shop.

And of the 5 flavors they have there, the only one that doesn't contain bits of brownie, cookie, or other wheat-containing product is Cherry Garcia.  I don't particularly like it, but it's literally my healthiest option.  It's that or Doritos.

Sorry, just venting.  3 days of near-fasting makes a girl extra whiney.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you've thought to do this already, but I noticed Yelp has a gluten free category for San Francisco-maybe there is something near the hotel on that list? (Again, I'm sure you've already thought of it and struck out, but as someone who gets super angry if I don't eat every few hours the thought of you stuck with nothing to eat makes me sad!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you? I miss your posts. Hope all is well.

    Jennifer M.

    ReplyDelete