Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Approved!

We got the final approval from her country and are able to proceed.  In less than one month we will be in-country doing legal paperwork.  Anxiety, fear, excitement, and straight-up panic are all mixed together here.  I was up at 4AM unable to sleep.  At 5AM I gave up and went downstairs to work.  I checked in on the girls on my way down, and as soon as I walked in, M looked at me, fully alert herself.

Reminder: Whatever fears, anxieties, and panic we may feel, hers can only be more extreme.  Hurt kids and kids from hard places: the only thing harder than parenting them is being them (h/t Christine Moers).  It's not about me, or us.  It's about family and healing and forever.  Deeeeeep breaths.

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful news!! Taking deep breaths with you.

    ReplyDelete