Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A new record

Today a kid in class was playing with his pen and it flew in another girl's face and caused a minor commotion. I distinctly heard someone say something to the effect of "pulled a Smith." except Smith was replaced with my last name.  Yes, 3 lectures into the semester and I've fully established myself as a clutz.

I can't say it wasn't deserved.  I don't know if it's the sleep deprivation, the fact that I'm teaching 1.5x more than I usual, or that I didn't teach last fall so I'm just out of practice, but I'm a bit of a spazz in the classroom. At least once in each class (and remember there are 3 each day but still that is only 9 so far this semester) I have:
(a) dropped my pointer/clicker and had it explode and send batteries flying
(b) dropped a pen or somehow flicked it 10 feet as I gesture at something
(c) flicked my earring out of my ear as I tuck my hair behind my ear
(d) poured coffee on myself
(e) dropped my coffee or other drink on the floor and/or
(f) nearly fallen down as I try to lean against the podium or desks

Today I did (d), (e), and (f).  All in one class period.

No comments:

Post a Comment