Wednesday, July 29, 2009

my world

Thanks PJ for reminding me of this clip. I had traumatic flashbacks to last night while watching it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Incidentally, after I posted and went upstairs to see what on earth was important enough to warrant an hour of chirping out "mama" I arrived to find Jorgie sitting calmly in his crib.

Mama. Sing more Cumbaya.

No. Mama and daddy already sang Cumbaya. And read your stories and rocked you and helped you brush your teeth and sang Cumbaya again.

SING MORE CUMBAYA! YES CUMBAYA! YES! MORE! COOM! BAH! YAAAAAH! (Angry dictator clapping and rail shaking ensued.)

No, sweetie. We're all done. Lay down and go to sleep.

NO GO TO SLEEP!!! NO LAY DOWN!!! MORE CUMBAYA!! SING JORGIE CUMBAYA! NO LAY DOWN!

By far the angriest and most forceful encore request in history.

This went on for at least thirty minutes. Me crocheting in the hallway, him shrieking angry red-faced demands for Cumbaya, me calmly telling him it was bedtime. I finally started singing in the hallway without looking up, hoping he'd lay down and listen and fall asleep. His words changed, but not the tone:

NO SING CUMBAYA! NO! NO!! NO SING CUMBAYA! NO MOMMY SING CUMBAYA OUT THERE! SING JORGIE'S ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! NOOOOO! SING!! CUMBAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Hmph. Everyone's a critic.

No comments:

Post a Comment