Friday, May 15, 2009

Happy Horton Day!


It's the 15th of May!


It is not, however, the jungle of Nool.


And there's little heat to the day.

so Forget the cool of the pool.

(Though if heat were sufficient--
I'd cry "bring out the pool,
let these two screechy fishes
get all wet and all cool!"

Cuz that's the kind of mom I am.)


When Katie was a wee one, age one or so, we started reading "Horton Hears a Who" at bedtime and it was such a resounding hit that we read it--the whole 15 minute story--every night for nearly a year. And then, because we are iiiidiots, we introduced Jorge to it and found ourselves muttering Seussian verse for months and months. I often wondered if being able to recite the entire book would earn me a free drink somewhere. If you know of such a place, I'm ready to roll.

We're currently in a lull in the Horton-love. But it is, after all, the fateful date. Perhaps we'll dig that book out from behind whatever radiator we last accidentally dropped it.

Because we are iiiiidiots.

2 comments:

  1. In about ten years (maybe sooner) you can use that memory for revenge. You should see the looks I get from the big ones when random verses of One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish come out of my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait until they learn about Fox in Socks. Ben was having fun reading that one recently.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete